Recently, we stumbled upon a project called Evolution, and were so surprised by their high yielding Farms and Pools, that we decided to spread the word on Metahub. We know that our players are keen on crypto games, and Evolution seems like a perfect fit for those looking to get their feet wet in crypto gaming.
Evolution is a yield farm built on top of Binance Smart Chain, NFTs and a battle-it-out-with-monsters system. Evolution’s crypto token is called GEN – and it’s experiencing parabolic growth at the moment. The fundamentals are simple:
- You stake real world money or liquidity pairs in Evolution’s Farms and you start earning GEN
- You can use GEN to buy Lootboxes or Monster Eggs
- Lootboxes reward farming NFTs which can be staked for higher Farm yields, resulting in more earned GEN
- Monster Eggs hatch into Monsters which can battle against other players for GEN
- The Monster battles have been enabled on May 1st, 2021
In essence, you spend money to earn more money and have a chance to fight it out with other players. The project started trending roughly a week ago, around April 21, and the GEN price has quadrupled since.
How to get started with Evolution
- In order to start playing, you need to have Metamask set up. You can use this guide to setting up Metamask to work with Binance Smart Chain to get started.
- Once you have Metamask set up, fund it with BNB or BUSD. BNB is preferred, as further actions in this guide will burn some of it for BSC fuel.
- You can use Evolution’s built in exchange or PancakeSwap to swap a part of your BNB/BUSD into GEN.
- Once you have GEN and BNB/BUSD in your wallet, you can create a Liquidity Pair token on Evolution’s Exchange. These tokens will be used in Farms to earn GEN. Currently, staking BNB-GEN and BUSD-GEN LP tokens rewards most GEN.
- Once you have your LP tokens all set up and ready to go, head over to Evolution’s Farms screen and stake LP tokens into an appropriate Farm.
- Sit back and relax. You’ve started earning GEN tokens!
You can harvest your earned GEN tokens every once in a while and buy farming NFTs on the Market or via opening Lootboxes. We recommend you check the market first, as prices tend to be far more reasonable than what you’d spend on Lootboxes.
Where do I go from here?
Evolution’s Monster battling and Monster trading systems have been live for less than 24 hours, and we’re not ready to recommend you dive into it just yet. We’re still testing it out and trying to see if it’s worth playing in this phase of the project.
Regardless of that, we still recommend that you read up on it here and here. We’ll update this guide in a few days as the dust settles and we get a chance to figure out the best strategy to play it.