Recently we’ve stumbled upon an incredibly good looking crypto game and wanted to share a post about it with our readers. Illuvium.io is an upcoming open-world RPG game built on the Etherium Blockchain and it looks incredible:
We’re very excited to feature this project, as Illuvium scratches a particular itch we had no idea we have: Pokémon-style open world RPG on the block chain.
Illuvium is a decentralized, NFT collection and auto battler game built on the Ethereum network. Judging by the looks of it, it’s a mashup between Pokémon, open world RPGs and games like the League of Legends themed Auto Battler Teamfight Tactics.
Players will be able to collect, battle and trade Illuvials, creatures that populate the world of Illuvium. Illuvials are NFTs with different rarities – the initial announcement mentions Shiny, Gold or Holographic Illuvials on top of the regular ones. As one would expect, Illuvials come with different affinities, rarities, abilities and power.
There are 5 base Affinities – Water, Earth, Fire, Nature and Air – and each Affinity has dominance over at least one other Affinity. Fire beats Nature, but takes increased damage from Water, the usual Pokémon-style mechanic.
In order to get Illuvials, you will need Shards. Shards are the Illuvium equivalent of PokéBalls and they can be obtained by mining in the Illuvium’s open world setting. Players will be able to capture Illuvials only after defeating them.
Each capture encounter has a chance to be a rare capture, featuring Shiny, Rainbow or Holo Illuvials. As one would expect, these are the NFTs you will want to keep for trading purposes on the Illuvium marketplace.
Illuvium plans to battle high ETH fees by introducing the Immutable-X L2 solution. If deployed successfully, players of Illuvium will gain access to zero gas fees for minting or exchanging of assets as well as sub-second transaction times, all with user maintained custody.
Sounds good to us!
Who’s behind Illuvium?
The founders of Illuvium are Kieran and Aaron Warwick. Kieran and Aaron are Synthetix founder’s younger brothers. Not super important, but it does imply that there’s a strong connection between Illuvium and existing crypto projects.
Illuvium’s team started in Sydney, Australia, but has grown to 35 professionals across the globe. Here are some prominent figures from the Illuvium team:
- Kieran Warwick and Aaron Warwick are Co-Founders, with Aaron being the Game Designer on and Kieran being more focused on the business aspect
- Nate Wells is the Game Producer on Illuvium. Wells worked on Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, and lead the development of The Last of Us and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Now that’s some big guns right there.
- John Avery is the Lead Server Engineer with more than 20 years of experience. Avery founded JNA Mobile and worked as a senior consultant with a number of Australian banks.
There’s a number of other high profile individuals involved with project, and we recommend you check this Illuvium’s Medium post for more information.
Tell me more about the Illuvium token
The Illuvium token is called ILV. The Illuvium token genesis event took place on Balancer, on March 30th 2021, where the team sold 1,000,000 tokens for 50 USD a piece. Illuvium token’s maximum supply is 10,000,000 tokens.
There’s an entire blog post dedicated to ILV tokenomics and its worth the read if you’re interested into getting involved. $ILV is currently trading on MXC, BKEX and Sushiswap. This is likely to change and get expanded to multiple markets in the coming days.
This sounds interesting, how do I stay in the loop?
We suggest you follow Illuvium on various social networks and Discord:
- Register for updates on the official Illuvium.io website. This requires you to leave an e-mail address.
- Illuvium’s Discord Server is the primary place of communication with the team and fellow players. If you’re serious about following this project, be sure to join it.
- Illuvium is quite active on Twitter, so make sure to follow them there as well.
- The official Medium profile provides excellent updates on the state of the game and upcoming mechanics.