Pine Bushes, Groves and Woods are LDOE’s primary source of Pine logs, a valuable primary material used for tools and base building. Pine zones can easily be farmed for logs, berries, limestone and plants, but each zone is intended for different player levels.
Pine Bushes, Pine Groves and Pine Woods loot table
Floater Bloater (rarely)
The Big One (rarely)
The Big One (high chance)
|Tools needed||3 Hatchet
Pine Bushes is a Green zombie threat zone that has a handful of low level Zombies. Your biggest opponent here is a Fast Biter or your lack of storage space. Given how easily this zone can be farmed, it’s a popular choice for low level players that are in for picking up some easy pine logs. Chests in Pine Bushes contain 1 – 5 items and give low level weaponry on occasions. You are also able to hunt for Deer here.
Pine Groves are essentially buffed up Pine Bushes: more Pine Trees, more Fast Biters and the Floater Bloaters will start to appear. The Big One can also spawn sometimes, but this is very rare – we sincerely hope you don’t encounter a Big One while farming Pine Trees. In addition to increased zombie threat and tree count, you will find more loot chests and a bit more Limestone nodes. Wild Turkey will also spawn in the Pine Groves.
Pine Woods are the highest threat form of currently available Pine Zones. Pine Woods include the largest variety of Zombies, wild life spawns and loot box rewards. The Big One spawns are well documented in the Pine Woods, and given it’s legendary difficulty, it’s best to avoid it all costs – if possible. The woods are no place for beginners, as zombie presence is quite high and it’s hard to avoid a lot of the enemies. Pine Woods also contain Oak Trees.
Pine zone skills
Playing in Last Day on Earth Survival Pine Bushes, Pine Groves or Pine Woods will reward points for the following character skills:
- Lumberjack gives you a chance to get extra Pine Logs when chopping down a Tree. Lumberjack skill gives you +2% increased chance per level.
- Dog Breeder gives you a change to get a higher rank puppy when breeding. Dog Breeder increases +1% per level.
- Burglar allows you to pick locks faster. Burglar increases by +7% speed per level.
- Walker reduces time of walking across the world map.
- Sprint (active) allows you to run fast while exploring Pine Zones.
- Motorcycle Driver (passive) allows the player to ride his chopper. You need this skill to use your bike.
Tips and Tricks
- In lower level Pine areas (Bushes and Groves), we often use Auto play to clear the area before opening loot chests. This approach makes inventory management easier, as it helps you visualize how much backpack space you have left.
- Although these areas seem easy, there can be a lot of zombies, even in Pine Bushes. Don’t assume you can go unarmed!
- If you are low on Backpack space, you can craft additional tools while farming the zone.