Explorers! This Featured Dinosaurs event week is absolutely amazing! It’s filled to the brim with amazing dinosaurs, and also a lot of Epic Strike Events! A chance to fill up on loads of DNA for all kinds of useful dinosaurs! Today we’re faced against dinosaurs from Asia! With a diverse set of dinosaurs facing us, let’s see how we can beat these three!
This Strike Event features a lot of different dinosaur types. Slowing, Stunning, Running; it’s all here. No Swap in Abilities means that you’ll most likely get to face each dinosaur on its own, except maybe Erlikosaurus with its Strike and Run. Let’s go over each dinosaur and find a way to beat them.
This Rare is in my opinion one of the best non-hybrid Rares in the game. With an Attack stat as high as the Indoraptor, really good HP and 20% Armor make it a formidable opponent to face. 115 Speed give it a solid Speed stat to start off with, and Thagomizer and Superiority Strike provide excellent Speed coverage and Distraction cleansing, while Instant Distraction can soften up hits even more. In this Strike, the stats are 4148 HP and 1211 Attack. Both of them are quite high as you can see. If you struggle with the high HP pool, Rending or DoT is the solution. You can also try and chomp it to death with Tyrannosaurids, but they need to have at least 3020 health to survive the Thagomizer and Superiority Strike. Try and work around this one with care, you’ll regret it if you underestimate this one.
Sinoceratops comes packing with a great arsenal of stats and moves at its disposal. Decelerating Strike gives it a Speed advantage for 1 turn, while its two Stunning moves Greater Stunning Impact and Instant Charge (priority!) provide for excellent Stunlocking potential. It dishes out these attacks coming from a 1225 Attack stat. It also has 3675 HP and 25% Armor to withstand a lot of hits. Bringing something with Armor Piercing is a great choice here. Bleeding is also a great way of disposing of Sinoceratops or allowing another dinosaur to set up on it.
The hardest hitting dino and fastest dinosaur of this Strike Event, Erlikosaurus brings a hefty 1400 Attack stat to the table. This gives Erlikosaurus a T1 damage output of 2800(!) damage with Rampage! It’s other stats are nothing to scoff at either. 129 Speed and 2943 Health are really solid, and you’ll need a good slower to take this one out. Something with Armor is also a good way to reduce its damage output, as none of its Attacks pierce Armor. It has the ability to Run away with Strike and Run. Unless you want to deal with this dino again, try and prevent it from using Strike and Run! If you can’t do enough damage on your own, use Swap in Abilities like Swap in Strike/Rampage to take it out before it runs!
What dinosaurs do I use in this Strike Event?
Due to the fact that each of these dinosaurs all have a different role, it’s going to be difficult to have one clear counter for all of them. Each has their own counters, and therefore, I think it would be better to go over the three best counters for each of these dinosaurs. Some of them might also be useful for another dinosaur, but for variety, I won’t list one dino multiple times. So, without further ado, let’s get into the counters.
- Purutaurus – The Greater Rending Counterattack this thing has and the Instant Distraction make this Epic Hybrid a great Wuerhosaurus counter. Instant Distract the Thagomizer to really limit the damage output.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex – With the highest Attack stat in the game, Tyrannosaurus Rex really just shatters the opponent with how much damage it can throw out. It’s a great counter to Wuerhosaurus, as long as it can survive for two turns (3020 Health).
- Purrolyth – I’d never thought I’d say this, but Purrolyth is actually a decent counter to Wuerhosaurus! The Minimal Rending Counterattack can be boosted from 20% to 30% Rending damage with Ferocious Strike, it can put up a Shield to reduce the damage and it can Regenerate some health too! It also needs to be at level 20 to fuse for Grypolyth, so the chances are that you already leveled this Rare Hybrid a decent bit!
- Suchotator – Bleeding is most likely the best way to deal with Sinoceratops due to the fact that Stunning doesn’t affect the DoT damage. Suchotator is the best Lethal Wound user for Strike Events in my opinion, and I think it’s a worthy addition to this Strike Event counter list.
- Postimetrodon – While it got nerfed this update, Postimetrodon is still a good choice to bring here. Its Ferocious Strike and Defense Shattering Impact combined with its Immunity give it a good combination of moves and passive to face Sinoceratops.
- Spinosaurus GEN2 – The Epic Spinosaurus GEN2 also has Lethal Wound it can use. While not as good in surviving hits as Suchotator, it’s definitely a great option to use. It can allow another dinosaur to set up a Ferocious Strike or something like that when it dies!
- Kentrosaurus – This dinosaur is perfect for countering Erlikosaurus. Instant Distraction on turn 1 to soften up the Rampage and then Thagomizer to slow Erlikosaurus down. It’s high Attack stat and 0.5 Counterattack also helps a lot in the damage output. If you got this one at a good level, use it!
- Wuerhosaurus – This dinosaur has the same kit as Kentrosaurus, except for the 0.5 Counterattack. It makes up for it with a 20% Armor stat, reducing the total damage output from Erlikosaurus a bit.
- Stegoceratops – This Epic Hybrid makes it for its ability to stunlock something to death. This makes it also adept at handling the other two dinosaurs if Erlikosaurus swaps out. Slow Erlikosaurus down with Slowing Impact and then proceed to throw out the Greater Stunning Attacks.
If you beat this Strike Event you’ll be rewarded with an Asia Themed Epic Incubator! It contains loads of coins and DNA from the following dinosaur pool:
- Common: Dilophosaurus GEN2, Tarbosaurus, Monolophosaurus GEN2, Velociraptor
- Rare: Tuojiangosaurus, Wuerhosaurus, Dsungaripterus
- Epic: Erlikosaurus, Sinoceratops, Darwinopterus
The Continental Week is entering its most busy couple of days with all these Strike Events! With great rewards in each of them, it’s a great week to battle those Strike Events! Were you able to defeat this one? Let us know! As always, follow MetaHub on social media and join our Discord to discuss JWA with us! We hope to see you on there!