The Limestone Ridges, Cliffs and Spires are the primary locations for finding Limestone and Iron Ore. Although these resources come in abundance, they are guarded by dangerous zombies that stalk these regions. So beware and come prepared if you’re planning on looting one of these regions.
The Limestone Ridge is the easiest to farm due to its green threat level. The only enemies that frequent this location are the Roaming Zombie, Fast Biter, Grey Wolf, the occasional Floater Bloater and other survivors. Around 2-3 loot chests can also be found containing food and low-tier items with an occasional low-tier weapon. Deer roam this region as well.
Limestone Ridge Resource List
- Pine Logs (30)
- Limestone (25 nodes)
- Iron Ore (5 nodes)
- Plant Fiber (20 & seeds)
- Berries (30)
- Loot Chests (2-3)
Considering that the Limestone Ridge is one of the easiest locations on the map, you don’t need much equipment to clear it. You could technically farm this location in just your underwear but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Aside from the obvious items to take farming, here is an equipment list that can help you pack light for your next farming trip:
- Sneak behind a Roaming Zombie and attack it with your Spear.
- Sneak attack Fast Biters with a weapon of higher damage (around 20 dmg).
- The bare minimum for armor is all that’s needed for this location. Anything more is just a waste of durability.
- Materials for the Hatchet and Pickaxe can be found at the location.
- Extra food that you bring can heal you just in case the berries aren’t enough.
The Limestone Cliffs are of medium difficulty and have a yellow threat level. The enemies that frequent this location are the Roaming Zombie, Fast Biter, Toxic Spitter, Floater Bloater, Toxic Abomination, Grey Wolf, The Big One (very rarely) and other survivors. Around 3-4 loot chests can also be found containing food, low to mid-tier items with an occasional low to mid-tier weapon (ex. Glock if lucky). Deer and Turkey roam this region as well.
Limestone Cliffs Resource List
- Pine Logs (50)
- Limestone (20 nodes)
- Iron Ore (30 nodes)
- Plant Fiber (30 & seeds)
- Berries (30)
- Loot Chests (3-4)
- Wild Turkey
The Limestone Cliffs are a lot harder due to the wider variety of zombies that inhabit this location. Despite it only being one threat level higher than Limestone Ridge, it needs a lot more than just the bare minimum. Aside from the obvious items to take farming, here is an equipment list that can help you prepare for your next farming trip to this location:
- Use your high damage weapon (ex. Shovel) to sneak attack the Floater Bloater/Toxic Abomination. Finish the Floater Bloater/Toxic Abomination with your mid damage weapon (ex. Crowbar).
- The armor suggested is the armor that can comfortably allow beginners to clear the Limestone Cliffs but lower tier armor can be used as well as the reinforced versions of the armor. Do not use fur armor.
- Sneak around because the Toxic Abomination and Toxic Spitters can detect you from far away.
- If you attract a crowd of zombies, run off the map and they will reset (except for the ones you killed or attacked).
The Limestone Spires are the most difficult to farm and are attributed with a red threat level. The enemies that frequent this location are the Roaming Zombie, Fast Biter, Toxic Spitter, Floater Bloater, Toxic Abomination, Rabid Wolf, Diseased Wolf, Grey Wolf, The Big One (higher chance of it appearing) and other survivors. While the enemies may be the same as the Limestone Cliffs, there is a lot more of them and the survivors you may encounter are well equipped. Around 4-5 loot chests can be found containing food, low to high-tier items as well as mid-tier weapons. There’s also a chance of getting rare items like C4. Deer, Turkey and Foxes roam this region.
Limestone Spires Resource List
- Pine Logs (75)
- Limestone (45 nodes)
- Iron Ore (45 nodes & Bauxite)
- Plant Fiber (40 & seeds)
- Berries (30)
- Loot Chests (4-5)
- Wild Turkey
The Limestone Spires are the most difficult due to the number of enemies and the difficulty of enemies. They require good armor at high durability and powerful weapons to withstand the multitude of zombies that you will encounter. Aside from the obvious items to take farming, here is an equipment list that can help you survive a trip to this location:
- Beware auto-mode. Many survivors that you will encounter here have guns or high damage weapons that can swiftly kill you if you’re not paying attention.
- Go to a different location if The Big One appears.
- Avoid being hit by Toxic Spitter’s spit or you will become stinky which will make it impossible to sneak up on enemies.
- Don’t bother trying to farm aluminum here. You can easily get more aluminum in the bunker. If you have to choose between an item and the Bauxite you farmed at this location, choose the item.
You can earn the following passive and active skills by gaining enough skill exp. at the Limestone locations.
Iron Miner (Passive): You have a chance to get extra ore when mining for iron.
Focused (Passive): You are more likely to see a special event on the map.
Medic (Passive): Bandages restore more health.
Neat Freak (Passive): Toxic Spitter spit is less likely to stick to you.
Animal Friend (Active): You can learn how to avoid frightening animals when exploring the mountain region.
Extra Pocket (Passive): You can get an extra quick access slot when exploring the mountain region.
With this info, you should be able to comfortably farm the Limestone regions without much trouble. If you want a couple tips and tricks on how to maximize the efficiency of farming these regions, turn to the next page.